This site is best viewed using Mozilla Firefox 3.5. If you are having problems viewing this site, please update your browser.
Our site will be making big changes between now and January. We appreciate your support and will keep you updated.

Monday, October 20, 2008

Mom Loves the (Oopdoo) hug - because sometimes the pain is in your head

Keep reading to find out how to win your own (oopdoo) hug!


When I first saw the
(oopdoo) hug, I fell in love. Not only is it a completely practical idea, it's also adorable. The (oopdoo) is a large fleece wrap made to resemble a large bandage that can be used to hold ice or heating packs, or just to wrap around a little one, or hey a big "kid", for a little comfort.

From their website:
"My son started to complain about aches at bedtime. With the same intensity that he had asked for a bandage for his booboos, he was demanding medicine for his aches. Medicine, however, can do more harm than good and I did not want to give him medicine unless he really needed it. At the time I worked for the company who manufactures Polartec® fabric and had plenty of soft fleece fabric. I made him a wrap that looked like a giant bandage and wrapped it around the part that ached. It worked! He will tell you "it makes me feel better. The (oopdoo)™hug was born!"

The (oopdoo) comes in solids, prints, and designer patterns, so there is one available for every one, child or adult. I think it may be my new go-to get well gift. I was lucky enough to receive my own (oopdoo) and it's awesome! Not only is it much cuter than an ice pack, I know my son is going to love to cuddle up with it. Both of my college-age sisters went ga-ga over it as well! Talk about a fab Christmas gift!

Prices range from 19.99 to 24.99, but you can send a virtual (oopdoo) for free by clicking on this link. While you're there, check them out and get a real one for yourself.

WIN IT!
Katherine, the mommy behind the (oopdoo) hug wants one lucky reader to win their own (oopdoo). You can't pass that up. There are four ways to enter:

Congrats to Loving Heart Mommy, winner of the (oopdoo) Hug!

22 Mom Loves Comments:

Anonymous said...

I really hope I win this, I just love the idea and can't wait to use it with my little man. Here's my blog link:
http://muffinmankellen.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Lol cute ! I just sent a cyber Oopdoo hug to my mom :)This would be great for her , she has RA and has daily aches and pains , this would be great for holding her heating pad in place .

Rikki said...

I sent a cyber Oopdoo hug to my friend's son Noah. He was starting to get sick this morning and had a tough start at daycare today. I hope his mommy gives him the hug I sent him when she gets home.

With my two kiddos I think this is fabulous. I talk often about my 'tender' girl. She always has an owie of some sort (even if it is a red little dot on her skin). I think this would be great for her and all of her ten million owies :)

EKratz said...

I am sending myself an Oopdoo! This sounds fantastic and incredibly comforting. I am a college student and it seems like the best band aid for those little mental boo boos that come along with school and being away from home.

Unknown said...

I sent a hug to my best friend whose grandmother died after a freak fall. :(

n810smom said...

Oh my goodness, my son would love this! He ALWAYS needs bandaids or "medicine" for aches. I put the tag on my site http://riffraffthelittleman.blogspot.com/

Vicky said...

I just put you badge on my blog - Pilloroo! I would love to win an Oopdoo for my twin girls. <:

Regina Moore said...

I'd have to give the Oopdoo to my 3 year old nephew! He would flip for this!
Regina
www.missginadesigns.com

Twinkling Tees said...

What a great idea - my five year old would love having an (oopdoo) hug for all her boo boos!

Mother of Philosophy said...

I sent one to my friend who is having some relationship problems. I knew she needed a pick me up, what a great idea!

{amy k.} said...

How great is this! I'd give it to my sister for her kids.. they'd love it. But, then again so would I- I think they'd have to share with me!

Cassie said...

If I could bring myself to give it up, I would give it to my sister-in-law. She never takes time for herself, and she would love to wrap up in a warm hug!

Cassie said...

I sent my siter-in-law virtual oopdoo hug, just in case I don't win it!

James and Monica said...

Unique! I have twin nephews who use "owies" as excuses to not go to bed! if this works, we'd be buying another one!! hope I win!

Jessica said...

Too cute! I would love to win. I posted your link on my blog http://thepelkeysblog.blogspot.com/

Marlene McGarrity said...

Wow that is cool. I know this sounds selfish, but I would give it to myself. I miss my husband at night because he works the night shift and I seem to have a lot of aches and pains. Plus I believe that most of my pains are psychological so a giant band aid is what I need.

Unknown said...

I'd use this for my son G(20 months old or our daughter H (1 month old).

phillipsonlygirl at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

I tweeted about it on Twitter member name is kristinialeanna!

phillipsonlygirl at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

Posting your badge on my main page of my blog!

phillipsonlygirl at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

Signed up for your email newsletter

phillipsonlygirl at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

I would like to send a virtual oopdo hug to my daughter who always wants to have medicine because her stomach "hurts".

Unknown said...

I think I'd use the oopdo hug for my girls, but also for myself. Sometimes you just needed that healing feeling.

 
Google Analytics Alternative